DJ AKSHAY, here is my situation:
- I have Asus p5n32 Deluxe (wifi) with the PhoenixAward bios.
- I removed all RAM, PCI cards, and video card.
- If I boot up the computer without CPU fan, the cpu warms up.
- I then put a POST card in the PCI slot for testing.
- Without any components, I get 1 long beep and 2 short beeps (repeating) and a halt code of Fb on the POST card.
- If I insert any of my spare video cards and boot, same thing (1 long, 2 short, and Fb on the POST card).
- If I insert 1, 2, 3 or 4 stick(s) of RAM into any of the slots, I get no beeps but a halt code of 1d.
- I have also tried adding multiple video cards. The result is the same (Fb if RAM is not installed, 1d if RAM is installed)
- When this computer was running (about 2-3 years of 24 hours/day), CoreTemp listed the operating temp at 70+ Celsius.
Based on these factors, do you think that the processor (even though it heats up on boot) is the culprit? Or would you suspect the motherboard? I can't imagine that all 4 sticks of RAM are bad (and I tested many different combinations of the 4 sticks).
Thank you so much for your guidance!