Virus .dll file

Solved/Closed
Aavalokiteshvara - Dec 18, 2008 at 08:37 PM
billwade Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2016 - Jul 12, 2016 at 12:46 PM
Hello,

There's a .dll file on my computer that's actually a virus and whenever I try to quarantine or delete it it tells me access is denied. I think that's funny being that it's my computer and I didn't put it there, but that's a Trojan for you. Is there any way for me to override that to get it off my computer? I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus and it's the only thing it can't get rid of. Nothing out there on the market or the web can do anything that Kaspersky can't, so giving me suggestions to try another virus scanner would really pointless at this point. If needed, I will reformat, but if possible, I'd really, really like to save that time for something else. Please let me know if you have any ideas or can refer me to someone that does. Anything would help at this point.
Related:

4 responses

you have to start windows in safe mode, then go into your system32 file and find the .dll file that is the virus and delete it. I had this ame problem and that is how I got rid of it. If windows is not in safe mode it will not let you delete it through there you will get that "access is denied" message.
This works. Start your computer in basic Safe Mode. Do not allow Networking. Once you are in safe mode you can send to the recycle bin and from there will you will be able to permanently delete it.
i have a very simple and unexpected solution,

Only search for the file in the system32 files and don't forget to enable searching in hidden files then when u find it only rename it and it will work. although u can't delete it , I tried it once and I was surprised to find that I can't delete but I can rename.
Be happy and don't forget to help others whenever u can. :)
melcoquille Posts 15 Registration date Saturday September 6, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 10, 2009 6
Dec 19, 2008 at 12:40 AM
hi
try to update your anti-virus if you dont want to change it for another one! if the problem still persists, then fomat your drive!
billwade Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday July 12, 2016 Status Member Last seen July 12, 2016
Jul 12, 2016 at 12:46 PM
In case you have detected the msvcp120.dll problem after you have installed a computer game or software and tried opening it, you are at the right place considering the fact that over the following few sentences you will learn how to solve the msvcp120.dll problem.. Remember to take into account that the next ways don't need you to have any costly applications.

For more info visit this link: http://www.dllfilesfixer.org/msvcp120dll/