My ipod won't turn on

Solved/Closed
Amber - Oct 12, 2010 at 05:42 PM
 Maddi - Sep 18, 2015 at 07:26 PM
I bought my friends old ipod touch off her before she went to university a few months ago and everythings been fine until tonight when it won't charge or turn on (it ran out of battery because I didn't realise it wasn't charging until I went to use it 2 hours after I'd plugged it into the computer.)

The thing is, I havn't dropped it or hit it or damaged it in anyway and its not the lead thats not working because its not charging when I plug it into the docking station either.

It just won't turn on at all, therefore it won't charge because it only charges when its turned on!

I don't have warrenty to cover any problems with it (aforementioned friend bought it well over a year ago)

I don't know what to do! Does anybody have any tips?

Thanks!

1 response

my daughter had the same problem. she held down both the power button and the home button at the same time for less than 30 seconds and it turned on. may be freaky but worked.
thank you so much i was almost crying i do what you told me it worked thank so much!!!
I'm glad I read this because i was freaking out cuz i tried everthing to turn it on and i did that and it worked! Thanks
Thanks! I worked for me too...and I was about to give up!
thankyousomuch!
Nov 21, 2010 at 12:28 AM
oh my gosh i love you! thank you sooo much! my ipod touch is alive again!
Ur amazin. It might be freaky but it worked! Thank you so much!