How to connect two PC's using ethernet cable

Solved/Closed
zahid - Updated on Nov 12, 2018 at 12:48 AM
 CONVERSION - Jul 29, 2017 at 05:12 AM
Hello,
please send me the step by step procedure of connected two PC's using ethernet cable with out using switch or hub.
Related:

3 responses

Step-by-step on how to connect two PC's via cable

This describes the proccedure to connect a PC with a laptop, which enablesa user to use Remote desktop feature and internet connection on both computers.

Schematics:

PC ---------------------------- LAPTOP -> wireless connection to internet
cross-over cable

Configuring LAPTOP:

1. Go to Control Panel -> Network connections
2. Right-click on Wireless network connection and select Properties
3. Select Advanced tab and put a thick in the box "Allow other network users to connect to this computer's Internet connection"
(You can also put a thick in the other box if you wish)
4. Confirm with the OK button and find yourself back in the Network connections window
5. Next, in Network connections Right-click on your LAN adapter, under General tab select Internet protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties
6. Assign IP manually (192.168.0.1 - this is also the default if you use Network connection Wizard) and Subnet mask (255.255.255.0 - also default)
7. Next you must assing (one or) both DNS servers (I used the one ISP provided) - the most important thing to do is to use the same DNS when you configure the other computer!!!
8. Confirm everything and this computer is done...

Configuring PC (if you don't want to set-up Remote desktop, where PC is the host computer, start at 4.):

1. Go to Control Panel -> System -> Remote tab
2. Put a thick in the "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer"
3. Confirm with OK
4. Go to Control Panel -> Network connections
5. Right-click on your LAN adapter, under General tab select Internet protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties
6. Assign IP manually (for example 192.168.0.2 - has to be in the same range as the IP on the other computer, but different!) and Subnet mask (the same as on the other computer - 255.255.255.0)
7. Assign Default Gateway (which is the assigned IP of the other computer, in this case 192.168.0.1)
8. Assign the same DNS as on the first computer
9. Confirm everything...

Everything should work now. Remember you have to use CROSS-OVER CABLE. If you are having problems with the connections try "playing" with the Firewall settings (under Exceptions and Advanced tab).
hi
i hav read ur text on how to connect 2 coputers using ethernet
there is one problem
i dont hav tcp ip option after right cliking on LAN connection
plz help me
thankx in advance
@Jack:
Right click on LAN. You'll see some options there. Double click on IPv4 and do the rest as given above!
Thank you Very much
Thanks so much, I was installing Fedora on my main PC but I couldn't get the WiFi drivers as I had no Ethernet access, I used a USB Hub on my laptop to get an ethernet port from my laptop to my PC, then used this guide, and now I have internet on my pc!