Cat messed up my keyboard, maybe locked it [Solved/Closed]

Lily - Sep 28, 2011 at 06:46 PM - Latest reply:  hara
- Aug 24, 2017 at 04:20 PM
Hello,

My car Put his paws on the right hand side of my Dell laptop. Everything still works but when I try to type in text there is nothing but a "blip" sound. I think he hit a lock keyboard combination. How do I unlock? Thanks.

See more 

22 replies

Anonymous User - Sep 29, 2011 at 01:15 AM
+5
Helpful
Try this

Unplug your battery,power supply,keyboard and all the peripherals

Push the power button for 30 seconds.Reconnect everything back and restart the PC

I dont think there is a combination to lock a keyboard
Was this answer helpful?  
11/13/15. Found my cat sitting on my keyboard, why do they always do that ? And, he locked the keyboard. This tip only took a minute & worked perfectly. Thank you !
I tried this but still my keyboard is not working
mere830 1 Posts Thursday May 26, 2016Registration date May 26, 2016 Last seen - May 26, 2016 at 06:29 PM
worked for me...ty
Thank you!! I think it worked!!
Helpful
Thank you! It worked.
Happy that it worked
Kee & Gayuh - Apr 30, 2014 at 09:43 AM
Helpful
You ROCK!!!!!! even 3 years later that advice still works! BAD KITTY!!!!!!
Helpful
Sorry, that was supposed to be my "cat" put his paws...not car. Darn iPad keypad :). Hoping someone can tell me how to get characters back instead of "blip" sounds on the Dell laptop.
its bcz of filter key

go to start and type filter key / you will see "ignor repeated keystrokes using filter keys" select that . And on that window disable the option "turn on the filter key"
Just wanted you to know, the only thing on this thread that worked for me was this filter key thing!
None of these worked for me.I just rebooted my computer and it reset the keyboard
99W 2 Posts Monday August 1, 2016Registration date August 1, 2016 Last seen > Snix - Aug 1, 2016 at 10:30 PM
Yea for most problems, merely restarting the computer is a good place to start^^
Helpful
try the windows key + spacebar before removing battery and/or rebooting. it works for me everytime.
maia2011 1 Posts Saturday January 2, 2016Registration date January 2, 2016 Last seen - Jan 2, 2016 at 01:49 PM
Thank you, Anon. - cat is heat-seeking and more savvy than me :-/ but your tip worked a treat. :-)
I had the same thing happen. (mine was my kids not our car lol) but this also worked for me. THANK YOU DO MUCH
Clearly my cat has outsmarted all of you because none of these option work :)
Service Desk Agent - May 16, 2017 at 01:17 PM
Life saver.
-Service Desk Agent