-
Registration date
Monday April 30, 2012
Status
Last seen
May 13, 2012
-
Hello, this is prafful
i am using dell m60 laptop, my laptop stopped running with memory dump blue screen.
Now its not booting, it starts to black screen with blinking cursor and also some dots like thing is appearing.
I had checked presing f2,f8,f10 but its not working,also its fan is not running
Regards

1 reply

Registration date
Monday April 30, 2012
Status
Last seen
May 13, 2012

Hello,

Your computer may have a hardware issue. Do you know if your computer is under warranty?

When you start up do you see a screen that says Dell before the screen goes black?

mark
Registration date
Monday April 30, 2012
Status
Last seen
May 13, 2012

Hi,

I saw your email and the only other thing that I can think of is that it could be some sort of video card issue. Do you get different results if you plug the laptop into an external monitor?

Does the pattern of dots ever change or is it the same each time you turn the computer on?
Also does it ever change over time when computer is turned on?

Another couple signs of life questions:

When the computer normally starts up does it have any lights (ie like a light on the power button)?
If so do you see any of those lights when you start the computer up now?

Does the computer make any noises? ( a lot of the times if you hit the F12 key (that's the boot menu key for most Dells) it will make a beeping sound to let you know it has got it )

Mark
Registration date
Monday April 30, 2012
Status
Last seen
May 13, 2012

Btw I would be able to walk you through what you could do to get the data off of your laptop's harddrive.

Mark
i had checked it with another monitor,but result is same.
Yes during startup the led light gets on now also..like nomally
i had tried starting without ram but the beep sound which comes in absence of ram, is not coming
also its fan is not running..

-Prafful
no beep soundis coming after hitting several times f12 n f10 key
Registration date
Monday April 30, 2012
Status
Last seen
May 13, 2012

Hello,

This is unfortunately probably a hardware issue, and more specifically probably something with the motherboard. If you took it to a computer shop they probably could tell you more because due to enhanced tools/spare parts. I can definitely help you with getting data back but I am not a hardware expert so perhaps someone else would know something but I just know pretty basic stuff. Hope it turns out well

Mark