[Closed]
Registration date
Wednesday July 11, 2012
Status
Last seen
July 11, 2012
-
Hello,

I am recently having a quite annoying problem, some applications (which work fine for my friends) will only open when ran directly from the desktop. I mean copying the .exe to the desktop, along with all the config folders, and executing it.
It used to be i was able to run any programs on my D: partition, and that's where i keep them, so this is very surprising and quite worrying.
I also noticed some of my ever-trusty Batch files started failing too, requesting a bit more path location. For example i used a batch file to open up Minecraft because of memory issues, and suddenly it wouldn't recognize Minecraft within it's own folder. I had to add the whole file path in order for it to work. This usually isn't the case, at least not for me.

Usually, this wouldn't have worried me too much, but i have stumbled upon a couple of applications that allow no customization of the path at all, and honestly i want to use them without having 4890936095 files and folders scattered around my tidy desktop. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm running Windows XP SP 3.

Thanks in advance,
Ian.