Closed
pitythistechnofailure
Registration date
Monday October 15, 2012
Status
Last seen
October 15, 2012
- Oct 15, 2012 at 09:35 PM
Hello, I've got an HP laptop (sorry, I can't remember how to find exactly what kind it is) that's about a year, maybe two years old. As my username implies, I'm clueless about computers, so I have no idea what one needs to know to help.
Today I started having this really obnoxious problem. I'm browsing the internet when suddenly the page declares "This web page is not available". However, it still shows that I have a connection to the internet, and a good signal. I have no idea what's causing this. I ran a complete virus/spyware/malware scan, tried troubleshooting my internet connection, even checked to see if I needed to defrag my disc. Nothing. And it's the same for both chrome and firefox.
At first I wondered if it was because yesterday we changed our router, but no one else is having a problem. And this wasn't happening until this morning. I didn't go to any new sites, download any stupid programs, or anything else like that. I just tried my normal routine, and this happened. And it doesn't matter what the website is, or whether I'm running it in normal or private/incognito browsing.
My searches haven't turned up any solutions that 1)seem to be commonly used and proved to work or 2)I can understand.

This is the message it's giving me:

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

Could someone find it in their heart to aid this idiot? I just don't know what went wrong

Thanks