Closed
Registration date
Thursday October 25, 2012
Status
Last seen
October 25, 2012
-
Hello,

I have two computers that think have the same problem, but let's start with the computer I have done the most work on. The Computer will not boot up. The monitor light stays on stand-by and the fans turn on. I frequently use this monitor as a dual monitor for my laptop so I know it works.

The Ram in the computer is brand new, the bus speed and memory size is with in acceptable limits of the Biostar G31D-M7 micro ATX motherboard.
I have tried booting the computer with and with out the graphics card peripheral. I have tried to use a POST card, but it doesn't give me any codes. I tried taking the power and ribbon cable out of the DVD drive so that the HDD was the only thing booting.
I tried resetting the jumpers on the motherboard, I tried removing the CMOS battery and replacing it. I used my multimeter and all the voltages from the power-supply are within acceptable limits.
I tried removing the power cord and holding the power on button for 30 seconds and then replacing the power cord and turning the Computer on. I even replaced the motherboard and repeated this process. I think that the CPU might be bad can somebody help me please?