Closed
Registration date
Saturday October 27, 2012
Status
Last seen
October 27, 2012
- Oct 27, 2012 at 09:52 AM
Hello,

I have been using my laptop to record PSP game footage and sound by using a USB Cable to record the footage and a 3.5 mm audio jack
http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_33703_1.jpg

I had been using the same cables for more than a year until suddenly, I could no longer hear anymore game sounds in my laptop. My laptop has two audio ports. I usually place my headphones in one port and the 3.5 mm audio jack in the other other port. The purpose of the audio jack is to enable the sounds/music from the PSP to be heard in the laptop so that I can use recording software such as Camtasia Studios to record the footage and the sound.

Normally, when I insert an audio jack into the audio port, there would be a pop up from Realtek HD Audio Manager saying that "You just plugged a device into the audio jack". However, now whenever I insert the audio jack into the audio port, there is NO pop up at all. I can't here any game sound or music from my laptop. I checked if my PSP was the problem but there was nothing wrong with it. I experimented with another similar audio jack but there was still no improvement. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with one of my drivers or if the audio port has become faulty.

Please, if anyone could give me some advice or help in dealing with this problem, I will be very grateful.

Thanks