Windows 7 64bit and Keis.....problems connecting

Closed
Registration date
Friday December 7, 2012
Status
Last seen
December 7, 2012
-
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and sync to my Windows 7 (64bit) desktop PC using the Samsung Keis application.

This was working really well until a Keis update some time ago produced an error when connecting the phone and I can no longer connect the phone to Keis. The error informs me that my phone is in the wrong connection mode and that I should switch it to PC connection mode but I do not have the option to do this on the phone.

Both Keis and the phone have the latest updates installed.

After a long drawn out communication via email from Samsung support, who were not able to resolve the issue, I was finally contacted (over 2 months later) by a member of the Keis support team who also did not manage to resolve the issue and said that it must be an incompatibility issue between Keis and the 64bit version of Windows 7. He suggested that I either reinstall Windows 7 with the 32bit version which I am not prepared to do (remember Keis was working with this 64bit version prior to an update) or to use another computer to sync my phone which is also unacceptable.

I would be grateful for some help from anyone who has experienced similar problems with Keis and Window 7 64bit.