Computer will not start

Closed
reese237 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 13, 2009 - Feb 13, 2009 at 05:42 PM
Hello,
I live in ohio, and we recently experienced a storm with very high wind speeds. Our power went out; while I was on my desktop computer. I was tired at the time, so I went to bed. The next day when i came home from school, it was on; and at the welcome screen. Meaning one of my family members turned it on. Last night, I unplugged it to make room for a friends xbox, so we could play over xbox live together. I hooked everything back up tonight, turned it on and went to get a drink. When it came back i had the blue screen of death (unfortunately i dont remember the error #), so i simply restarded it. Hoping that it would work. Now, my monitor doesnt display a signal, neither does a spare (which i am using right now for another computer.) The computer doesnt make any beeping sounds, but I can hear the fan running. (As it always does when i first boot it up) Only it stays on, I even tried leaving it for 10-15 minutes. Normally it stops when the computer is at the welcome screen. Since I dont have a signal to my monitor, i couldnt tell if it managed to get that far. My keyboard doesnt get a signal either, the num lock, caps lock, etc. lights will not turn on. I've had a similar problem in the past, but it always got a signal after leaving it sit for awhile. Can anyone help me figure this out?!?!