Registration date
Saturday January 26, 2013
Status
Last seen
January 26, 2013
-
Hello,
My cd rom wasn't being recognized by windows. I got this info from this forum:

"First......restart computer....go to start...control panel....system.....device manager....under dvd/cd drives open + and look 4 yellow caution triangle icon...right click and delete...close window....go to start....run....type in "regedit" ok..go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...open + on SYSTEM open + on CURRENTCONTROLSET open + on CONTROL open + on CLASS open + LOOK 4 {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE,etc.} and click on it........to screen on right look for "lower filters" hi-lite....go to top left and on edit right click and delete! Do same 4 "Upper filters"..........close window and restart computer.............without touching any buttons on keyboard....except to login......you should see driver being installed once again for your dvd/cd drive.........GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

It worked great. My cd works again. However I can't burn a cd in iTunes. It says some of the entries in the registry are missing and I should re install iTunes. I re installed iTunes but still can burn cd's and it still says entries are missing in the registry. Help please?

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!