Screen wont turn on

Closed
Registration date
Wednesday April 24, 2013
Status
Last seen
April 25, 2013
-
Im running Windows 7 on a Toshiba Qosmio X500.

I go to turn on my computer last night to find out that screen isnt working. When i power down, by holding the power button as i cant see the screen to do it through the Start menu, then power back up one of two things happen.

1) toshiba screen comes on then the "Starting Windows" screen. The logo will pulseate like normal but nothing will happen after that. It will shut it self down.
2) there will be no toshiba screen and no windows logo screen but after awhile the familiar windows start noice will chime. I know its working due to when i plug in my external HD or anything else the computer will chime.

Here is what ive tryed:
1) hold F8 for safe mode but i never know if it works because i cant see the screen.
2) F12 to go into the setting thing, lol dont know the name, and turned it all to default.
3) pulled the battery and started it just via the power plug, got to windows logo but nothing after, computer shut itself off

Any pointers out there? The computer is usally on 24/7 and takes a VERY long time to boot normaly