Pavilion dv6 Revocery disk lost, not allowed to create another..

Closed
vatsalya25 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday May 19, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 19, 2013 - May 19, 2013 at 02:48 AM
Hello,
I have a HP Pavilion dv6 - 7012tx ( Product No.- "B0P40PA#ACJ" ) with windows 8 OS currently installed on it. I bought it in July last year so I had windows 7 back then and they gave me my recovery disks that time. I upgraded to windows 8 in January but because of some issue had to use the recovery disks last month which installed windows 7 again.. and again i had to upgrade to windows 8.
Now I have lost those recovery disks also and even if I had them, I wouldn't want to go through that hectic process again :(

HP allows us to create only 1 set of recovery disks so I searched and found a lot of results. I have windows 8 and I can't find any of these files- "RMCStatus.bin" or "hpcdru.prc" or "hpcd.sys" or any such file anywhere on the given locations. No such file is there even in my recovery partition.. :(

Please give some effective solution of making another set of recovery disks as I want to install Linux with dual boot with Windows soon but don't want to do it without having a set of recovery disks first. Please help.. :(