Computer gets restart again and again

Solved/Closed
janica05 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday June 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2013 - Updated on Dec 21, 2018 at 04:18 AM
 TheMONster - Nov 22, 2017 at 04:14 AM
Hi everyone,

When pressing the power switch, my computer successfully opens and fans works fine. I cleaned the interior parts filled with dust but no usual beep sound heard in startup. No display either. Then, after a few seconds (maybe like 5-10 sec), computer closes and starts again. This process happens again and again until I remove the power cord.

May be, there is a problem in my CMOS battery, processor, videocard or PSI. I don't want to assume so I can make a sure decision for my computer. I am a college student and have less knowledge with computers.

Please help!
Related:

5 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Dec 21, 2018 at 04:20 AM
Hello,

Please follow these steps:
  • First you need to check your RAM.
  • Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another slot. Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM results in such problems.
  • If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check the display. If the problem still exists then change the slot.
  • If the problem still exists then try the above procedure with the other RAM.

Good Luck!
janica05 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday June 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2013
Jun 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Thank you for being such a hero :) my computer works perfectly fine now. Thank you again :D
hi people,i have a problem my laptop has a hard start and it takes time to switch on and off. what could be the problem?