PC restarting automatically with repeated beeps

Solved/Closed
Janie19 Posts 6 Registration date Monday June 24, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 12, 2014 - Updated on Jan 10, 2019 at 02:02 AM
 Skip - May 15, 2020 at 12:35 PM
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago, suddenly my computer turned off automatically and after 2-3 seconds it started beeping. It beeped for 15 times repeatedly. I took that normally. But since then, when I turn my computer on, after 2-3 hours of running, the display goes black. It is happening again and again. I have to turn the computer off and on again.

After a week, I changed my motherboard. It worked fine for a week. But, the same problem is happening again. It restarts with beeps repeatedly, then the display keeps going black.

Yesterday, I searched CCM and found a suggestion saying that 'Uncheck Automatically restart' in system failure. I did so.

After doing that, I kept my computer on for 2 hours. I have not found that problem yet. So could you guys please tell me what's the reason behind this?

Please help!
Related:

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Jan 10, 2019 at 02:24 AM
Hello,

First check your RAM. A bad RAM can create such issues.

Remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another slot. If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check if you are able to use the PC without any problem.

If the problem still exists then change the slot. If you still having the same issue then try the above procedure with the other RAM.

If the problem still exists then:
  • Go to
    C:\Windows
  • Look for the folder named Minidump
  • Zip that file and upload it to https://authentification.site and paste the download URL here.

Good Luck!
Wow, I was having the same problem and this solution worked. I removed both ram chips and just swapped their places. Solved the problem. I think this started happening after a Windows Update.
i cleand my one ram after that it was sorking good but now again its restarfing again and again wat i do intel corr quad2
Worked thanks a lot
Thank you. You are bang on!
This has happened twice now after windows updates (IT NEVER used to do that)..... all that was downloaded was a new version of the "Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.82 (KB890830)" and a "Security Update for Microsoft Excel 2010 (KB4484384) 32-Bit Edition"

After the install is complete, the computer beeps once and restarts (with no associated error code). As I mentioned, this took place after each of the last 2 updates

Do you think RAM is my issue in this case?