Wireless capability can't turn it on

Solved/Closed
cee20 Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday September 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen September 12, 2013 - Updated on Jan 28, 2019 at 07:07 AM
 praveen - Feb 15, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Hi,

I have an HP 620 Notebook and I'm having problems with the wireless connection. The WiFi button is always amber. I have tried everything from updating my drivers to pressing the button while my pc boots like the forums say. I tried installing hp wireless support but that does not work either. Please help, I don't know what to do!
Related:

4 responses

Hi,

If you do not have HP Wireless Assistant installed on your computer and you do not want to install it, you can use the Windows Mobility Center to turn wireless devices on and off.

Windows Mobility Center only allows all wireless devices to be turned on or off--wireless LAN and Bluetooth devices cannot be turned off individually, as they can when using HP Wireless Assistant.

The action of the Windows Mobility Center control is independent of the wireless device power switch. It is possible for the wireless device LED to glow blue because power is being sent to the device, although the device is turned off.

To verify the status of the installed wireless devices, follow the steps below.
  • Click Start, enter mobility into the search field, then select Windows Mobility Center from the list.
  • On the Windows Mobility Center window, this graphics shows the Wireless Network is Connected.
  • On the Windows Mobility Center window, this graphics shows the Wireless Network is Wireless off.
  • Click Turn wireless on to turn on the device, or click to turn it off.

I hope this has given you some direction. I am assuming you are using Windows.
Thanx.it help I can switch on