Keyboard not working after Fan replacement

Closed
PrestoStarfish Posts 1 Registration date Friday December 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2013 - Dec 13, 2013 at 07:19 PM
So my friend has an HP laptop and his fan stopped working. He and I followed a step by step guide in replacing the fan, and we fixed it. The replacement was successful and it now works. After reassembling the laptop, around 8-12 screws were left over (it's terribly hilarious I know) and now his keyboard won't work. His track pad works, and everything else is working properly. He tried plugging in a keyboard via USB and it is not being recognized, however the computer recognizes a mouse that is plugged in USB. Also, during the disassembling a small copper brick looking thing was rattling around and is now in a plastic baggy. Pictures can be provided for a confirmation of what the piece may be but I do not have it with me at the time. Anyone have a clue as to what could have went wrong? Also, The screws that we're put back were enough to keep the laptop in a stable state and I also put back the two screws kyat hold the keyboard in place.