My Toshiba External Drive (Portable) - Canvio Basics 3.0 750 Gb

Closed
Stavkal Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 5, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2014 - Jan 5, 2014 at 10:48 PM
Hi,

Earlier this year, I purchased a Toshiba 750 gigs external hard drive, and used it to back up my files. One day, my sister used it for the television as a PVR device to see if it would work, and to my frustration, all my computer files were deleted since it got re-formatted. Now, I am trying to use it solely for my computer but it does not seem to recognize it. I went onto the Device Manager, and it did indicate that I have it connected, but when I go onto File Explorer (I have Windows 8), the computer does not indicate that there is a new USB mass storage device connected. I am at a complete loss now, my cable seems to be working, the actual external drive has a lit LED light, but it is not 'reading' anything as there is no blinking of the light. I was told I will need to reformat it, but I am not sure how to do this. Does it even work on a Windows 8 operating system?

How am I supposed to reformat when I don't even have the option to do so?

Someone please help.

Thank you!

Roula
Related: