Headphones aren't working.

Closed
thugezipydope Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 13, 2014 Status Member Last seen June 13, 2014 - Jun 13, 2014 at 12:36 AM
So I have a Fujitsu Q704 Lifebook, the headphones do not work at all when I plug them in. It MIGHT be the actual headphone port because it feels loose when I plug them in.

Besides that, I have tried many solutions to try and fix it (assuming it's NOT the port). I have tried roll back on the speakers in device manager (which I think has to do with the headphone port, thinking it doesn't have it's own device). I have both Realtek HD Audio, and HD Audio Device. I have changed between those somehow (I don't remember how, I was just playing around on it), and when it's on HD Audio Device it shows the headphones in sound when you go to Hardware and Sound on control panel, but it says it is not plugged in when it is.

I have went to the support site and have downloaded something called DeskUpdate that updates the essential needs for Fujitsu and it hasn't said I needed to download/upgrade any audio device.

I also manually downloaded the audio device driver but I have no idea how to use it or to transfer it or whatever you do with it because it's just a blank icon and it's called "FPC48-0949-01_Audio_6.0.1.7059_37.7z".
I've looked at several forums on the internet to try and fix this but nothing has worked, so I don't know what to do.

Oh yeah, the speakers work but not the headphones, and I have tried to plug in other kinds of headphones/earbuds and none have succeeded.