ASUS laptop shuts down suddenly and turned on with burning smell [Closed]

Report
Posts
1
Registration date
Sunday November 2, 2014
Status
Member
Last seen
November 2, 2014
-
I was using my laptop for some typing then suddenly it shuts down.
It was plugged in without battery and fanned by a cooling pad plus a standing fan.

I tried to on it several times but it wouldn't on, the on button blinked without the laptop turned on.

Then I took off the plug and put my battery in.

My laptop can then be successfully turned on but there was plastic burning smell for awhile.
Should I get it checked at the ASUS help center? What happened?

Just before I was typing some documents, I was playing game and the laptop was hot so I put stand fan to fan it directly. Was it due to overheat? Did something burned?

My laptop is K46C and I seldom use it for games, just yesterday and today.

Hopefully you can help and thanks in advance!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!