Dell n5010 startup [Closed]

Registration date
Tuesday December 30, 2014
Status
Last seen
December 30, 2014
-
I have a Dell Inspiron N5010 that is not quite 2 years old, no longer under warranty.

Upon startup (using its factury power cord) there was a black screen with a 4 beep error code. I checked memory modules, the hard drive, the processor, and all connections I could see. I reset the CMOS. All seemed to look fine but the same happened upon startup again... 4 beeps only.

I decided to purchase and replace the motherboard. The startup no longer gave the 4 beep sound but would give a messagge stating that I needed a 90 watt power supply before shutting itself down. I then attempted to get into the bios at startup before the shutdown would occur but was unable to fully check all parts of the bios. It just shut down too quickly to view all carefully. I was able to see that the "charging battery behavior" was not disabled, which i'd read on another post could be the issue.

After my attempt to reach the bios a couple times as stated above the computer then began giving me a 3 beep error code upon startup. I no longer see the "power supply" message, nor does the computer immediately shut down. (Not sure what made the change in the computer's startup behavior.)

I tried taking out the motherboard battery to reset the CMOS again, but the computer remains giving me the 3 beep error code upon startup.

I'm not sure where to turn at this point... any advice you can supply would be appreciated.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!