Closed
vishuchaj
Registration date
Sunday January 11, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 11, 2015
- Jan 11, 2015 at 09:55 AM
I've been using my ps3 on a Samsung TV that displays in 1080p for 2 years. Its not a smart TV and has just 1 HDMI port. I faced no issue until a month ago when I was playing and the screen went black displaying "no signal". I looked online and tried resetting the console by holding down the power button for 5 seconds. It started displaying in 480p and when I went to video settings and selected 1080p it wouldn't display and went back to 480p. I had 2 other cables lying around so I tried them and its not showing display at all on them. So it works on 480p on just 1 cable. I still went ahead and bought a new HDMI cable but it still won't work. All the other cables are working fine when used on other devices a laptop for example. I tried using the ps3 at a friend's place assuming there was a problem with my TV but it didn't work there either. So it seems like there's a problem with the HDMI port of my ps3. I haven't played for quite some time now due to this. Any help or suggestion would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!!