I have done research on my current problem but have been unable to find anything to help with my problem.
1. Hubby restarted our computer and when it loaded only the background shows up. No icons, no start menu, no nothing....
2. I tried right clicking to access display menu, arrange icons, and nothing changed.
3. I pressed CTRL+ALT+DELETE to access Control Panel to force the run of explore.exc and it instead of the menu poppin up it when to a black screen. I could ESC out of it but the problem remained.
4. I ran under safemode and ran two of my antivirus software, avast being one, and none picked anything questionable.
5. I rebooted it twice to different restore points in the last month and nothing helped.
I am well aware my 4 year old computer might be on its last legs, but I can't switch anything out right now. IS there a way to get my computer to function again? What is causing this problem? Is there a way to fix it without doing a complete restoration of the computer.
Computer will only load background, Control Panel isn't opening.