Closed
blindy8
Registration date
Saturday February 21, 2015
Status
Last seen
February 21, 2015
- Feb 21, 2015 at 06:44 PM
Very strange. Usually, if I have a long URL, I can go to Tinyurl.com and create a smaller one. There are some URL's that have what appears to be 800 characters that are simply impossible to pass on to people without a shortening program. Usually, this is never a problem but I came across a link that I can reduce to a tiny url and work with it for a day. The next day it doesn't work. The same code comes up in the address bar but it doesn't link; it doesn't even give an error message.

I used Netvidhunter to extract the parent code from a Utube video but when I found this underlying code, I noticed that every day it changes. So far the links for a day then the link changes and the old URL doesn't link. I have never seen anything like that but it explains why the link doesn't work on day 2. I assume the parent site has created some kind of alias that changes daily and there's no reason to because this is a link the company uses to sell its products. You would think they would welcome more sales.

Obviously, that alias code that changes daily isn't the true code that is constant and I was wondering how I would find the underlying code if that is possible