Seeking macro for data copying [Closed]

Registration date
Thursday June 18, 2015
Status
Last seen
June 26, 2015
-
Hi everyone! I could use your knowledge, please!

I'm creating a job tracking workbook, with a master sheet on Sheet1. Sheet2 is the blank worksheet where I enter the job name and number, the requester, the description of the job request, the job progress, and lines below which show the actions I've performed. Sheet1 displays job name/number/requester/description/progress (the X data), and links to the new sheet I create (from the blank Sheet2) with the specific actions performed. In essence, Sheet1 is an "at-a-glance" repository where all sub-sheets are summarized to show only the X data and link to the appropriate page.
I've been using the '=VALUE' method for individually copying the cell data into Sheet1, but that's obviously time consuming. I've investigated macros for automating the data population, and for the most part I understand the coding, up to the point that makes me dangerous ... :)
What I *hope* to do is create a macro for Sheet2 that, when I copy it to create a new job sheet and enter in the new data, will a) insert a new batch of cells on Sheet1 (shifting older cells down); b) transfer the X data from the new job sheet into those new cells on Sheet1; and c) create a hyperlink on Sheet1 to the newly created job sheet.
If anyone out there can help, I'd be grateful! Thanks so much for your time and feedback!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!