DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

Closed
Registration date
Wednesday September 16, 2015
Status
Last seen
September 16, 2015
-
Hello, I am having issues connecting to the Internet 95% of the time which started about a week ago. I have a MacBook Pro (Mid 2010) running OS X Yosemite (10.10.5). When the problem started about a week ago, I made sure all my other devices were connecting to my home wifi as normal. Sure enough, every other device connected normally (Phones, Tablets, Desktop Computer, TV, etc.). I also tried my MacBook on my work and schools wifi. It had the same problems. So, I started by reseting my router, then is tried trouble shooting using the software on my computer which told me, "The DNS server is unavailable" so I clicked on the button to "Use DNS servers provided by DHCP", which didn't help. Then, I tried going into Network Settings and phisically adding new DNS Servers I found online. I then went into Utilities --> Terminal and tried to reset the DNS, but the codes I found online didn't work either. I also tried reseting and clearing the cache on Chrome and Safari, nothing helped. The strange thing is that after restarting the computer my Internet will occasionally load a page normally and work anywhere from 30 seconds to an hour or so. Other times (90%) it won't work at all and the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET message will appear on chrome. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. My school work is at a stand still until I can fix this problem. Thanks in advance for your help!