Lenovo Yoga 3 won't turn on

Solved/Closed
stuck college kid - Updated on Jun 8, 2017 at 05:32 AM
 Su - Mar 24, 2018 at 05:48 AM
Hello,
I'vehad my lenovo yoga 3 for maybe 3 months and this is the second time it's suddenly turned off. My friend pressed the power button a couple times last time and magically worked but he doesnt know exactly what he did. I can't figure out how to take the battery out to try that way and the power button isn't doing anything. What do I do?

Related:

3 responses

Had the same problem on my Lenova Yoga 3 13 inches. I held the power button for 10 seconds and the laptop powered off. I turned it on again and it worked.

When restarted it said it was applying the updates so believe the issue was caused by Windows update.

Not impressed at all with the machine. Lenova shame on you I
Bless you! I just had this happen to me, found this post and it worked! Thank you!

Why the system couldn't just tell me I needed to reboot versus turning off while I was in the middle of posting to a web site is beyond me. The genius who decided it was a good idea just cost me about 45 minutes worth of work~
appsmartvn Posts 1 Registration date Saturday November 19, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 15, 2017 1 > g8rgrl9395
Dec 16, 2016 at 10:00 AM
BEFORE you do this, check the F9 key, F12 key and also try connecting it to a separate monitor(if the monitor works, it's your back light on the laptop).