Copying Conditional Formatting to Several Cells Then Editing

Closed
CKJ - Nov 13, 2015 at 01:14 PM
I'll start off by saying I am a novice (at best) when it comes to using Excel. WHile I have figured out some things I am sure I am probably not doing what I am doing in the most efficient manner, none the less here is what I am trying to do:

I need to be able to apply conditional formatting to 16 individual cells. The formatting is based on the conditions in two other cells. One of the cells has three possible conditions and the other has 28 possible conditions. My plan was to create all the possible rules for one cell and then use the cell copy feature to spread it to the remaining cells. I have done this and it worked fine. the problem is I now need to go back and, depending on the need in individual cells, delete certain rules as not all will apply to all cells in the end. But when I do this the change get applied to all 16 cells. I have tried every thing I can think of but cannot get the changes applied to just the one cell I want to change. As I have said I know I am probably doing this the hard way but it is the only way I know how to do it so if there are any idea's or suggestions on how to make this work i would appreciate it.