Connecting PC-VGA to HD TV-HDMI

Solved/Closed
Jacob - Jan 7, 2016 at 04:02 PM
ctree42 Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday January 13, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen June 1, 2017 - Jan 14, 2016 at 05:42 PM
Hello,

I bought a brand new tv - LG 50 inch Smart TV. There isnt a VGA port in the back, only HDMI. When i try and connect my laptop (pc) through VGA, using a VGA/HDMI converter i still dont get a signal.

thoughts?

Related:

1 response

ctree42 Posts 23 Registration date Wednesday January 13, 2016 Status Contributor Last seen June 1, 2017
Jan 14, 2016 at 05:42 PM
To my knowledge, their is no functioning adapter on the market that provides a direct VGA to HDMI conversion. All those adapters are false advertising.

To connect your Laptop to your TV you will need to have either an HDMI port or a DVI port on your laptop. If you have an DVI port, you can buy an DVI to HDMI converter, but note that you will have to connect your laptops audio source to a speaker or a direct aux line to the television.

If don't have a DVI port than your last resort will be to get a USB Adapter that will convert VGA (including Audio) to HDMI for you. You can find one here: https://newcomputerinquiry.com/gofanco-vga-to-hdmi-converter-with-usb-audio-support-review/

Hope that helps.