Laptop Not Going To Sleep When Shut/Can't Alt+Tab to Desktop [Closed]

Registration date
Saturday January 30, 2016
Status
Last seen
January 30, 2016
-
I've been having a problem with my laptop recently where when I shut it, the fan eventually starts running again and doesn't stop. When I reopen the laptop, the power light is on, as is the wifi light, but it won't turn on with a swipe of the mousepad (as it usually does). I have to hold down the power button and reboot.
My current power settings are unchanged from before it started doing this: "When I close the lid: Sleep [on battery] - Sleep [plugged in]."
Previously, when I closed the lid, all I had to do is reopen it and run my finger along the mousepad (or click any non-power button) and the computer would wake up right where I left it.
Curiously enough, when this started, I also lost the ability to alt+tab to the desktop. I can cycle through the running programs, but can't get to the desktop without minimizing all currently open windows.
I have not installed any new programs lately. I ran a computer scan with Webroot and found no threats.
I am on an HP laptop, running Windows 10 Home edition. What the heck is happening to my laptop? Please help!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!