Monitors Entering Power Save... [Closed]

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2016
Status
Last seen
February 1, 2016
-
I have an HP Laptop running windows 7. I have three additional monitors connected . Two (Dell 24") going through a KVM. One connects directly to the DVI port on the Docking station. The other connects to a DVI/USB adapter which connects to the laptop USB port. The third monitor(Viewsonic 20") connects to another DVI/USB adapter. Both DVI/USB use the Display Link software

NOTE: The KVM is used so my Desktop and the laptop both share the two Dell monitors. This issue only occurs when I am using the laptop.

This was a working scenario for several months and now I get this...

Issue:
The Dell monitors will go black and a message will appear "Entering Power Save". The ViewSonic and Laptop screen are not initially affected but when the Dell re-sync's it resets all the screens. Then once it is done which last about 10- 15 seconds all the windows are moved to one screen. This happens several times through out the day.

Things I tried:
I have updated the drivers for the motherboard, video card and everything I can find. I verified all power settings on the monitors, laptop and window devices( usb root hub, etc.) have been turned off. I have replaced one of the Dell monitors and still this eludes me.

Any suggests would be appreciated.

Thank you
Eddie

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!