Upon startup the desktop display is too big for the screen. [Closed]

Registration date
Thursday March 17, 2016
Status
Last seen
March 24, 2016
-
Hello,
I have "upgraded" to Windows 10 from Windows 7 too long ago to revert it back easily. I likewise experience the "Tablet" mode takeover and resolved that issue. However, my continual issue is that when I startup my computer the desktop display is actually larger (width-wise) than my screen. The only fix I have figured out is: Right click on the desktop and a small window opens. Second from the bottom of the options in the window is "Display Settings." Left click on "Display Settings" and a larger "Customize your Display" window opens. In that window is a drop-down box displaying "Landscape," left click on the drop-down and the options of "Portrait," "Landscape Flipped" and "Portrait Flipped" will be displayed. Select "Portrait." The screen will go black for a few seconds. At this point I just hit "Enter" because when the screen reappears in the "Portrait" mode everything will be on its side and you need to click the "Revert" button. Hitting "Enter" shortcuts that process and takes you right back to "Landscape" but everything is in the correct size and location. The final step is to close the "Customize your Display" window and go to work. If I leave the computer on but walk away, or put it into "Sleep" mode when I return, after an undetermined period of time, the display will have reverted back to the oversize display and I must repeat the above exercise. I have searched and searched and cannot find a permanent fix for this issue. So far, I must do this every time I start-up the computer, except that every once in a while it will start-up and be in the normal landscape display and not the oversized display. But there is not predicting when that will occur. If anyone can help me resolve this issue I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!