Facebook TEMPORARILY LOCKED my account, sent ID, I am Ineligible [Closed]

Registration date
Tuesday March 22, 2016
Status
Last seen
March 23, 2016
- - Latest reply:  FernandaCavazos - Dec 25, 2018 at 11:44 AM
So turns out 2 weeks ago, while I was ironically talking with my boyfriend via "FB Chat" my account was somehow "LOCKED" without prior warning, NOTHING, just locked. Naturally I thought this was a mistake, so I proceeded to log in, just to find out I had to go through an Identification process, WHICH I DID. I went through recognising 5 of my friends, and eventually being asked to submit any form of ID. I will admit at first I was adamant to do so, and considered leaving Facebook permanently, because I was NOT asked any form of ID when I initially created my account 5 years ago. Funny thing is, before this profile I had my even older one closed, because I used to upload my modelling pictures which somehow might have offended a few, though I wasn't even naked on them, and because of it I really wanted OUT of Facebook. But then I thought: "WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO MY LOCKED ACCOUNT?" Naturally, I didn't want my profile (With pictures, personal/private information, texts, etc.) HANGING IN THERE. So after a few days of thinking about it, I uploaded my Company ID and a bank statement, which are 2 acceptable forms, eventhough I don't trust Facebook because of what's happened to me. Anyway, turns out 2 days later, I receive this:
Hi Adrianne,
We’ve determined that you are ineligible to use Facebook. To learn more about Facebook’s policies, please review the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities:
https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
Unfortunately, for safety and security reasons, we cannot provide additional information as to why your account was disabled. We appreciate your understanding, as this decision is final.
Thanks,
Lucia Community Operations Facebook
At first, I decided enough was enough, and opted to leave it like that, BUT THEN, I put deeper thought into it and thought "Hmmm... Wait a minute, so if my account is still LOCKED, then WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO IT? What will happen to my entire privacy in there?"
Of course I tried sending Lucia a reply, but I'm a 100% sure I won't receive a reply. So out of frustration I decided to google about my specific situation, to no avail, because the most similar problem to mine deals with "DISABLED" accounts, and when I tried filling a plea about my account, since my account is not disabled, I can't even contact Facebook about it, because it WON'T LET ME.
I know I sound ridiculous venting about it, but I am extremely frustrated, and frankly if somebody could help me, or advice me what to do in order to CLOSE my account, I would be really thankful. I consider it an injustice for Facebook to do this to it's users, because when we create an account, they don't notify us we won't be even able to close it properly, or given prior advice over a specific situation. In case you are all wondering what I might have done wrong, it's something I don't even know, I've done nothing wrong for them to flag my now non existent messages as "Abusive" or "Spam", now thanks to this I have this uncertainty over what will happen to my account, what will happen to the documents I sent for them to verify me, and will Facebook do with it.
See more 

4 replies

Best answer
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 20, 2019
Thank you
Hi

You need not to worry about your privacy, within 15 days after an account is disabled, it is deleted from the server.

The id's which you have sent were destroyed.

Contacting a lawyer would be a waste of time. The terms of use which you have agreed to when you created the account are clear, Facebook is in its right to close your account and does not need to give any reason.

I suggest you give-up on Facebook.

Best regards

Say "Thank you" 43

Glad we were able to help! Love us? Write us a review! Rate CCM

CCM 6366 users have said thank you to us this month

-
My Facebook was temporarily locked,fb says for security reasons? I tried logging back in they sent me a code I followed instructions and still kept denying me access. How long will this last, fb should at least warn people.
Thank you
HI, I have a similar situation above.
Mine is also "temporarily locked"... even after I submitted my driver licence and passport copy.

Just want to confirm the statement above, "within 15 days after an account is disabled, it is deleted from the server.", do you mean permanently disabled, or temporarily blocked? I don't care about the profile anymore. I just don't want my profile hanging out there.

Thanks
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
July 20, 2019
Thank you
Hello,

I took the time to read your adventure with Facebook, a huge corporate giant with strict rules which recently have tightened.

Facebook must have believed that you have infringed their terms.

I noticed that you don't have a question, so I imagine that this a closed case and that you just wished to ventilate your frustration.

How did people managed to mentally survive before Facebook, Twitter, etc.?

Best regards
adrigotwild
Registration date
Tuesday March 22, 2016
Status
Last seen
March 23, 2016
-
Hi Ambucias, thanks for taking the time to read my complain. Unfortunately it is not a closed case, and I was trying to ask a question but ended up venting my frustration instead.

What's going on right now is I get a message from them stating the following:

Hi,

Your account has been permanently disabled for not following the Facebook Community Standards. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

View updates from your Support Inbox: https://fb.me/1XclBLbUIF8NvuO

Thanks,

Lucia
Community Operations
Facebook

Now, I would be at ease if the following response given by them was true, but it's not. Every single time I try logging into my "DISABLED ACCOUNT", I get a statement saying that my "ACCOUNT HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY LOCKED", which then puts me through a verification process, which includes recognising 5 of my friends, and then AGAIN uploading a form of ID verification. After I do that, I get a response ONCE AGAIN that my case is still OPEN and they are gonna verify my account, just to leave on hold again, and get this same person Lucia reply with what I posted above.

As far as I know that can only mean that my account has not been deleted, permanently disabled or whatever term they want to use, it means it's still on hold, for them to see, access my privacy, or basically do whatever they want with it. Whenever I try contacting this person "Lucia" which probably isn't even her real name, I get that same automatic response. I feel like not a single care is given to a person's privacy, whether they state I have "violated their terms" or not. I think they forget we have rights, and I for sure know that I have the right to get my account closed, and NOT the way it currently is (Locked).

As a Facebook user that had that account for quite some time, it feels degrading, insulting and as a stab to my privacy. I don't really know how to proceed, I am considering getting in contact with a lawyer, but I would appreciate any feedback over any other viable option, because as far as as I know, there is not an appropriate user support system, so if somebody knew a way of contacting them and avoiding the whole situation getting even bigger I would be really thankful.

The main point here is not the fact that I won't be using Facebook anymore, which of course I won't. But rather making people aware that in the end, it seems to me that privacy is not a given or respected right for them to even consider. I am really disappointed.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, it means a lot.
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
July 20, 2019
Thank you
Why do you allow a third party so much control over your information?

Either use it or don't!

If they do not allow you to use it, do not use it! GO and write your own facepuke!

See my point?