SunnyBox
Registration date
Thursday May 12, 2016
Status
Last seen
May 12, 2016
- May 12, 2016 at 04:59 AM
Hello

I have been using my built desktop for over a year now and I have upgraded my BIOS once, which led to a winload.efi missing error ever since, even when I have upgraded to Windows 10. Pressing "esc" dismissed the problem entirely though, so I did not mind its presence.

Recently, however, my PC starts to crash at random, giving a "no signal" error to my display even though the machine itself is still noisy and working. It started out as being after a few crashing and recovering of the GPU driver, around 10 to 20 minutes after the PC boots, the problem will then solve itself after a few restarts and then the cycle repeats itself everyday. I first thought that it was due to my faulty keyboard and replacing it did stabilise my PC for a few weeks before the problem returns. Reinstalling the GPU driver after using DDU did stabilise it for a few weeks again, as did disabling the redundant audio drivers and reinstalling Windows 10. These solutions only solved the problem temporarily and the same problem returns after a few weeks, evolving from its original form into giving the same error without any warning and its latest form being giving the error even before I have a chance to see the starting splash screen to log in to Windows, which refuses to solve itself no matter how many times I restart.

The event manager gave a Kernal-power 41(63) error, which I have attempted to tackle via the many solutions online to no avail. I now have no idea which part of the PC went wrong, though i suspect it might be hardware. I have tried memtest86 and swapping DIMM slots,which I think removes RAM from the list of suspects.

PC information (whatever I could gather since my PC is inaccessible)
I have not overclocked anything ever
CPU: i7-4790k
Motherboard: Z97 MSI Gaming 3
RAM: G.Skill RipJaw X 8GBx2
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW edtion (driver 362.00)
PSU: Seasonic P760
SSD: Samsung 850 PRO
HDD: WD Black 1TB

Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.