VLC media player podcast subscriptions lost

Solved/Closed
James - Aug 17, 2016 at 04:41 PM
 James - Aug 17, 2016 at 05:42 PM
When I add/subscribe to podcasts via the playlist and add feature, the problem is that all off my subscriptions disappear the second I close VLC player. making it pointless for me to have to subscribe again each time I open it. How do I get it to save my podcast subscriptions? Thank you
Related:

2 responses

Hello. Thank you for responding so quickly. The playlists and the podcast subscriptions are 2 different things. Sure, I could open a podcast, add ALL of the shows to a playlist, then save the playlist. And then do that for every single show I am subscribed to. But that is not what I was looking for.

Just like in iTunes, VLC player can subscribe to podcasts. I could click on a specific show, open all the episodes and click one to play. You have that tutorial on this site here http://ccm.net/faq/9857-vlc-subscribe-to-podcasts

But somehow I recently lost all my subscriptions. and then, when I would add them back and close vlc player and reopen, they would all be gone again.

Anywhoooo... I just updated VLC player and restarted and it seems to be working now.

Lesson learned.... I am now saving all my podcast rss feeds/subscriptions in a separate file in case it happens again :-/
Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2016 at 05:02 PM
There ya go! I am glad to be here for moral support at least!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169 > Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2016 at 05:14 PM
Ah, Mark you are always there to save the day or to rescue the ladies in distress imprisoned in the castle's tower.
James > Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2016 at 05:42 PM
thank you very much indeed :-)
Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2016 at 04:49 PM
Are you saving the workspace (playlist)?

try saving a play list after you build it!

You can save playlists using the VLC media player in format of your choice. To save a playlist:
Create a playlist. Refer to Add Media Files to Playlist for creating a playlist.
Select Save Playlist to File from the Media menu. The Choose a filename to save playlist dialog box is displayed.
Select a name for the playlist.
Select a format in which the playlist must be saved from the Files of type list. The Files of type list contains the .xspf and .m3u formats.
Click on Save to save the playlist in the selected format.