-
Registration date
Thursday October 23, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
-
Hello,
I turn on then heard the sound logo dell will show but no show and got black screen.
Thanks I can't effort to buy new one.help me please.

2 replies

Registration date
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
Hello manthana,
Are you able to boot intо Safe mode your laptop? If not, try to open the BIOS settings by pressing the respective F key, while the laptop is booting up. Then, go to the boot menu and check if the HDD is listed as an available boot device. If it's not set on the first place in the boot sequence order, set it manually.
If the drive is not seen, therefore recognizable, then it needs to be replaced.
Tell me if that worked. Cheers.

Sorry for late reply,my screen had nothing show at all,can'the get in to bios or menu at all.
Thank you for your help if there is any other way to turn it on.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
Hi again and happy new year,

I have two additional ideas:
1. Taking out the HDD and connecting it to another pc as an external. You can do that either by putting the HDD into an external case or connecting it with a SATA-USB adaptor.
2. Resetting the BIOS? You can do that by pulling out the CMOS battery. You must do that after you have pulled out the battery and the power cord of the laptop. Open the lid and localize the CMOS battery which lies next to the processor and it looks like a watch battery. If you have another CMOS battery, you can replace it with that. If you don't, leave your current battery aside and wait for some minutes for the electricity to discharge. Then, plug the CMOS battery back in and the power cord. Try to boot your laptop again.

Let me know how it goes.