With Apple Watch you can switch on the handwashing feature and put on a timer. The other useful option is to set up a notification, so the watch will remind you to wash your hands each time you come home from work, for example. Read this article to find out how to switch on the handwashing feature on Apple Watch.
How to enable the handwashing detection feature?
For the post-COVID world, hand hygiene has become extremely important and even crucial for everyone’s safety. So Apple Watch introduced a new feature: Handwashing Detection. Here is how to enable it on your Apple Watch Series 4 or higher models.
From Your iPhone
1. Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and scroll down to the Handwashing section.
2. Here you can enable or disable the Handwashing Timer and the Handwashing Reminders.
Note: If you don’t see the Handwashing feature on your iPhone, you probably need to update it to iOS14.
On Apple Watch
You can also enable and disable this option on your Apple Watch.
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. Scroll down to Handwashing section and tap on it.
3. Turn on the Handwashing Timer and the Handwashing Reminders.
How does the handwashing feature work?
When you enable the handwashing timer, your Apple Watch will automatically detect each time you are washing your hands (based on running water sounds and your hands’ movements) and will set up a 20-second countdown. It will tap your wrist once when the timer starts and twice when you are done. It will also give you a nice cheer with bubbles and “Well Done” or Thumbs Up to congratulate you on the good work you’ve done for yourself and society. If you move your wrist and stop washing your hands, the timer will be paused and resume when you continue your hand hygiene procedure.
The handwashing reminder will notify you each time you come home and don’t wash your hands straight away. To get the reminders, you need to provide your home address in the Contacts app on your iPhone.
How to check your handwashing data?
If you are worried that you don’t wash your hands as many times as it’s recommended by the company where you work or you are simply curious about this information, you can check in the Health app. Go to Other Data and stay tuned on how many times you wash your hands per day, per week, the average time of handwashing and so on.
- Apple watch handwashing series 3
- Use handwashing feature on apple watch
- Sorry, this feature isn't available right now: an error occurred while processing this request. please try again later. [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- How to feature channels on youtube > Guide
- We can keep multiple version of a word document in a single file by using dash feature > Guide
- Internet control panel access to this feature has been disabled > Guide
- This feature is temporarily unavailable tiktok [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via bluetooth
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- Apple iOS 15.2: release date, update, beta, devices
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Apple AirTags: range, battery life, features
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- How to restore missing App Store icon on iPhone/iPod
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- Recover a draft email on iPhone: not saved, dissappeared
- How to sync iPod without removing existing songs
- Сonnect AirPods to PC, Macbook
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to sync iPhone and iPad: messages, contacts, apps, email
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to reinstall Cydia: on jailbroken iPhone
- How to change your Apple ID country or region
- Raise to listen: iPhone, not working, feature
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel
- How to turn on flash for notifications iPhone
- How to turn off autocorrect on iPhone?
- Save website to iPhone home screen: Safari, iOS 13
- How to change the PIN code on your iPhone?
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Turn AirPods into a speaker
- How to sync mail to iPhone: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail
- Clean AirPods: pro, case, microphone
- How to copy URL in Safari on iPhone
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Unlock iCloud account: activation lock, apps
- How to turn off Dial Assist on iPhone
- Sync your iPhone with your PC or Mac: iTunes, iCloud, Finder
- Apple iPhone medical ID: create, login, access
- Backup your iPhone: to iCloud, Mac, PC
- Use Apple wallet: to pay, for tickets
- How to set up internet on iPhone
- Create an iPhone ringtone from MP3: without iTunes, online
- Record iPhone screen: on video, with or without sound
- Disable the upload of burst photos on iPhone 6
- How to hide your caller ID on iPhone
- How to download and select a ringtone on iPhone
- How to use the Game Center on iPhone
- Backup SMS from iPhone: to computer, Google Drive
- How to turn off Safari suggestions: iPhone, iPad, Mac
- How to reset location and privacy on iPhone and iPad
- How to force quit apps on iPhone, iPad, macOS
- How to enable Autofill in Safari on iPhone and iPad
- How to enable text dictation: iPhone and iPad
- How to set screen timeout: Apple Watch
- How to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting?
- How to turn off keyboard and lock sound on iPhone
- How to save web pages as PDF on iPhone
- How to update iPhone 5: to latest iOS
- How to restart your iPhone
- How to delete Siri history on iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV, Watch
- How to clear cache on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off ads on iPhone and iPad
- Find my iPhone: iCloud, Apple, lost mode
- How to turn off Siri: iPhone, iPad
- How to view photos and sync a photo album on Apple Watch?