Converting MKV/converting DVD

Closed
69Rixter Posts 48 Registration date Wednesday March 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2022 - Oct 24, 2022 at 06:25 PM
69Rixter Posts 48 Registration date Wednesday March 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2022 - Nov 25, 2022 at 12:55 PM

Hello,

Recently I used AVC to convert an MKV file to mp4. I've often used AVC and it worked well, however, this time, the converted video was grainy and of poor quality. Are there other video software products just as capable as AVC? (open-source) Another "glitch(?). I couldn't get AVC to rip the DVD and convert it.(just convert the DVD to mp4). I first had to rip the DVD w/ MakeMKV, then use that video file and add it to AVC. Oh, at this time, I can't use FFMPeg.

Windows / Chrome 106.0.0.0

Related:

1 response

Danisdy Posts 10 Registration date Friday May 22, 2020 Status Member Last seen April 23, 2023 4
Updated on Nov 22, 2022 at 04:04 AM

It's hard to say if the problem was caused by MakeMKV or AVC, or overlapping. The more re-encoding processes you let it go through, the more likely to make improper settings for the DVD content.

I often use VideoProc Converter to rip my DVD collections and haven't come across glitches or blurry results yet. It is probably because this app reads and converts the disc to MP4 at a time. BTW, its resolution settings and deinterlacing features also benefit the final quality.

Here's a guide from its official site. Hope this method work for ya ;D

https://www.videoproc.com/media-converter/convert-dvd-to-digital.htm​​​​​​​

69Rixter Posts 48 Registration date Wednesday March 25, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2022 3
Nov 25, 2022 at 12:55 PM

Thanks for responding. I'll read the guide you provided via the "link". Hopefully, something in there will help me. OK, I'll give VPC a run. I have no doubt there's a simple solution to the AVC(AnyVideoConverter) malady and it's just a matter of testing  a few programs and doing some reading to figure it out. But, it never hurts to ask.