There's no need to spend a fortune on subscriptions to streaming platforms such as Netflix, Disney+, HBO and Apple TV. It's possible to watch all kinds of films and series on demand, completely free and legally!
When we talk about movies and TV series, our minds instantly go to platforms such as Netflix, Disney+, Prime Video or Apple TV, to name a few. These platforms boast extensive libraries with numerous exclusives, offering several advantages over traditional television. With video-on-demand services, we have the freedom to watch what we desire, whenever and wherever we please, be it on a TV, computer, smartphone, or tablet, as long as we're connected to the internet. This setup is perfect for binge-watching enthusiasts who can indulge in their favorite series without the constraints of traditional TV schedules.
The only drawback is that these platforms are not free to access, and to enjoy their content, you will need to pay for a subscription. These can range from $6.99 to $19.99 per month, depending on the chosen plans. Furthermore, not only do subscription costs tend to rise periodically, but accessing exclusive content often necessitates additional fees. Sharing an account to mitigate expenses has also become more challenging, with platforms increasingly restricting this practice. Consequently, if you want to enjoy a range of content on different platforms, then the costs will quickly add up and you could be looking at an expensive bill.
Fortunately, you no longer have to visit sketchy websites to watch movies for free. Thanks to the internet, there are numerous platforms that now offer an impressive and extensive collection of movies without charging you a dime. Instead of paying for a monthly subscription fee as you would with Netflix, these platforms allow you to enjoy movies in exchange for some of your time by watching ads. Here's a list of the top places to watch movies and series online for free.
- Crackle - This free streaming platform that was previously owned by Sony offers a large collection of movies, and is one of the best places to watch films for free. There is support for almost every device, including smart TVs, gaming consoles and web browsers. The only downside is that there will be some ads to watch occasionally.
- YouTube - You may not know, but alongside the paid films, YouTube also offers full-length movies for free. Unfortunately you can't sort by genre, but YouTube often selects a new list of popular films.
- Roku - Known for its streaming devices, Roku also has a free streaming service. There is a vast library of movies and TV shows. You can search the catalog for specific films, actors and directors. This service is made possible with advertisements.
- Pluto TV - This video streaming service is owned and operated by Paramount Streaming. It has apps for various smart TVs and smartphones, allowing anyone to stream movies for free. No user account is required, and you can even create a watchlist without entering personal details.
- Tubi - Tubi is an ad-supported streaming service owned Fox. It has a desktop website and a mobile-optimized app with a user-friendly interface. Tubi boasts a large collection of movies, including content from genres like K-Drama and Bollywood. The Tubi app works on iOS and Android devices, as well as Smart TVs.
- PopcornFlix - Another free movie streaming service, PopcornFlix, is owned by Screen Media Ventures, the same company behind Crackle. No need to sign up for an account, all you need to do is pick a movie and start watching.
With all of these options, there's no need to deprive yourself of all these apps and services that are almost all available in the Google Play Store (Android) or the Apple App Store (for iPhone and iPad). Their only real drawback is that you have to agree to watch some adverts. Unfortunately that is the price to pay to have free content.