My Computor needs BIOS updates

Closed
al - Apr 11, 2011 at 06:42 AM
 Anonymous User - Apr 11, 2011 at 03:43 PM
Hello, my name is Al
Recently my computer had a power failure resulting in the
corruption of my windows xp 2003 dark edition. I tried reinstalling
windows xp (both dark and original), but it didn't work and had to install Windows 2000 service pack 3. I tried installing 2003 after that, but I get a
message saying I need a BIOS update. Does anyone know where I can get a BIOS
update for Windows 2000 sp3?

thanks in advance for answering

Al

Related:

1 response

Anonymous User
Apr 11, 2011 at 03:43 PM
Greetings,

Regarding your issue, you must go to the official website of your computer brand name, then download and install the latest version of your BIOS.

Warning:
Make sure to obtain the BIOS upgrade software from a reliable source. Downloading a BIOS from sources other than the manufacturer's web site is risky. For example, versions from the same BIOS software developer for one manufacturer's motherboard may not work on a different manufacturer's motherboard. Using the wrong BIOS or version might "brick" the board, thereby requiring either a BIOS replacement or reprogramming of the BIOS by the manufacturer and rendering the computer unable to boot until that is done.

Make sure the electrical power source is reliable when flashing a BIOS. Any sizable fluctuation or loss of power during a flash process can corrupt the BIOS. Therefore, never power down or reset a PC when flashing the BIOS. If flashing the BIOS from a booted OS, first disable all unnecessary applications and background processes.

Avoid updating the BIOS unless you know exactly what you are doing. Failure to follow a manufacturer's directions and precautions may corrupt the BIOS as well