Restoring your Asus laptop to factory settings is very easy - this guide will show you how!
How to factory reset an Asus laptop from BIOS?
- Type Change advanced startup options in the Search bar.
- Click open.
- Go to Recovery.
- Select Restart now (under Advanced startup).
- From there, choose Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Next, select UEFI Firmware Settings. If your computer supports it, you can select Legacy mode.
- Select Restart.
- Depending on whether you chose Legacy or UEFI mode, follow the instructions below.
- Press F9.
- Confirm or reject the BIOS optimized defaults, according to your preferences.
- Select OK and then press Enter.
- Next, press F10.
- Confirm or reject the BIOS configuration.
- Select OK, press Enter again.
- Press F9.
- You can either accept or reject the BIOS optimized defaults.
- Select Yes and then Enter.
- Next, press F10.
- Select the BIOS configuration of your choice.
- To finish the process, select Yes and then Enter again.
How to factory reset an Asus laptop under Windows 10?
- Click the Start button and then go to Settings.
- Next, select Update & security.
- Select Recovery.
- From there, select Get started (under Reset this PC).
- Once this is done, select Restore factory settings.
- Choose between Only the drive where Windows is installed and All drives, according to your preferences.
- Next, choose between Just remove my files and Remove files and clean the drive, according to your preferences.
- Select Restore.
How to factory reset an Asus laptop from boot?
- Restart your PC.
- Click on the Power button at the login screen.
- Press Shift and click Restart at the same time.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- From there, click Reset this PC.
- Next, select Remove everything.
- According to your preferences, choose between Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive.
- Select Reset and then click Finish.
How to factory reset an Asus laptop under Windows 7?
You can follow the same steps as described in the previous section (How to factory reset an Asus laptop from boot?), as they also work for Windows 7.
How to factory reset an Asus laptop under Windows 8?
You can either refer to the How to factory reset an Asus laptop from boot section, or do the following:
- Click on the Windows button.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Update & Security, then Recovery.
- Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
- From there, select Restore factory settings.
- Select between Only the drive where Windows is installed and All drives.
- Click Restore.
How to factory reset an Asus laptop under Windows 11?
- Open Settings.
- Go to System.
- Next, select Recovery.
- From there, next to Reset this PC, click Reset PC.
- You can now choose between Keep my files and Remove everything.
- Now select between Cloud download and Local reinstall.
- Select the apps you want to reinstall.
- Select Next, then Reset.
How to factory reset an Asus Netbook?
Disable Boot Booster:
- The Boost Booster option will remove the bios screen of the Netbook at startup and this option is enabled by default on the purchase.
- Turn on your Netbook normally, and immediately press the F2 key until you reach the Setup Utility, which allows access to the bios options, including Boost Booster.
- Using the arrow keys, move to the Boot tab, then click the Boot Booster option. Press the Enter key, then turn the option to Disabled to disable it.
- Go to the last tab, exit, and save changes.
Restore from the Recovery Partition
- Start your Netbook and press the F9 key on your keyboard until you see a loading screen.
- The restoration program prepares the files needed for the operation.
- A message appears asking if you want to perform the operation. You will lose all files on your machine.
- Confirm by clicking ?.
- The restore process is done automatically, without any human intervention.
- At the end of the restoration, the machine will reboot on its own and make configurations.
- A restart is performed again, and you find yourself on the setup process of Windows, the same as the first boot after buying the Netbook.
Asus laptop factory reset not working - what to do?
There are various ways to factory reset an Asus laptop. If you get an error message, we recommend trying some of the other options listed in the present article. Also, don't forget to backup your data before restoring your computer to factory settings.
Which one is the Asus laptop factory reset key?
If you want to access Asus' recovery mode, then you need to press and hold F9 and then press the power button. Keep the F9 key pressed until the Windows Recovery screen appears.
- Asus factory reset from bios
- Factory reset asus laptop from bios
- Asus uefi bios factory reset windows 10
- Dell factory reset from bios > Guide
- Factory reset HP laptop: from boot, Windows 10, Windows 7 > Guide
- How to factory reset Acer desktop: Windows 8, Windows 7 > Guide
- F9 not work > Forum - Windows XP
- Restore a Windows PC to factory settings without disc > Guide
- How to lock or unlock the touchpad on HP laptop: Windows 10
- Lenovo password reset: disk, without disk, Windows 10
- How to light up keyboard on Acer laptop: Aspire 3, Aspire 5
- HP laptop camera not working: Windows 10, on Zoom, in Teams
- Synaptics pointing device driver: download, use, Windows 10
- How to factory reset Gateway laptop: Windows 10, Windows 7
- How to fix volume buttons on Asus laptop
- Lenovo laptop screen goes black randomly: how to fix it
- How to reset Toshiba laptop: without password, Windows 10
- Dell laptop Bluetooth not working: Windows 10, Windows 7
- Asus recovery partition: missing, deleted, Windows 10
- Dell Inspiron Mini factory reset: Windows 7, Windows XP
- Laptop overheating: how to fix?
- Asus laptop webcam image is upside down: what to do?
- How to connect phone to laptop?