To the moderator

sailor1 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday September 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2014 - Apr 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 13, 2014 at 04:22 PM
I keep getting emails from the form.
I posted a question about a home theater system I had recently purchased. I was shocked when I received a notification that my post was removed because I was not polite enough. I did not use any bad language, not criticize anyone or thing, just asked a question about the hardware. I have never been reprimanded or had a post modified or removed from the other forms I visit.
After reviewing my original post I am not sure what I did wrong. I hesitate to post a question or add any expertise to any other post.
Thank for your time.
Sailor1

3 responses

2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 39
Apr 12, 2014 at 02:02 PM
Hello,

I suppose you didn't use "Hello, Thank in advance..." in your message. So, it was removed because there was no politeness.

Gabriel.
sailor1 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday September 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Greetings and salutations,
I hope this finds you in good heath and spirits.
Since I was a first time poster it would seem more appropriate to simply send me a note noting my violation of protocol and informing me that in the future my questions would be removed. When I help other people I expect but don't always get a thank you after I help them. I certainly would thank anyone who helped me after they help me. In the future I will expect people to thank me prior to my helping them.
I have resolved the problem i had posted on your form on another form which is very polite although the responder just typed 10 words that resolved my problem. I replied with 2 words 'thank you'. Short sweet and to the point.
Thank you for informing me again, a first time user, that I do not live up to your standards.
Thank you again for pointing out my flaws.
Thanks also to the other moderator for also pointing out my lack of the most basic social skills. I may not always use the correct verbiage but I will help a person who asks for it especially a first timer.
Thank you for taking your valuable time to respond to this humble user.
Please, I do not need to be reminded again that I do not meet your standards so do not send me a copy of your original response. I will also make all my acquaintances know of your high standards and request that they refrain from using your form as they probably lack the same social skills as I do.
Thanking you again for your precious time.
Thank you to both of you for responding to my email
Have a great day and a wonderful life full of happiness and joy
Your humble servant
Thanks
BTW I have reviewed 52 posts in the forms and found that 28 did not follow the protocol and yet have not been deleted. Many of these had multiple posts so they were not first time users. I guess some get preferential treatment.
I trust you understand
Thank you
Sailor1
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Apr 13, 2014 at 04:22 PM
Greetings Sailor,

That's quite all right.

Please accept my apologies. After reviewing the history, I have noticed that you post was deleted by mistake. In fact, a note or reminder as you mentioned would have sufficed.

In turn, I wish to thank you for taking the time to write back to us. I trust that you had fun writing all the sarcasm but I do nonetheless understand your feelings.

As I mentioned before, we are all part-time volunteers on this forum, is it too much asking for please and thank you as one would do on daily basis in a "civilized world". This is not a protocol.

There are hundreds of post coming in daily, not all can be reviewed.

Again my apologies and I'm glad you issue had a happy ending.

Best regards