Vista + ethernet not automatically configurin

Closed
Geert - Mar 14, 2009 at 04:32 PM
ciboxpen Posts 7 Registration date Sunday October 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 - Mar 16, 2009 at 01:59 AM
Hello,

I have a new computer and it is a Windows Vista system with Home Premium installed. I'v got the wireless running, but because I want to have a more reliable connection with the router and the internet, I would like to connect it with the ethernet adapter of my PC. But it isn't working! The configuration is as follows:

PC->ethernet->Hub->Wireless G router->Internet

But when i connect the PC to the hub, it doesn't 'see' the router (ping fails), while with other PC's in house (also a few vista, but all Vista Professional) don't have this problem and they automatically connect when the cable is plugged in. The cable I use is fine, I use it for other Laptops without any problem. So what am I doing wrong? Has it something to do with Vista Home Premium?

If you have any ideas, I would love to hear!

My Vista is up to date and drivers are all recent.

Best regards,

Geert

1 response

ciboxpen Posts 7 Registration date Sunday October 19, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009
Mar 16, 2009 at 01:59 AM
hi,
try this link to get full information about configuring your ethernet in Windows Vista:
http://www1.udel.edu/topics/connect/ethernet/Vista/index.html
all you need to do is to follow the instructions closely.