IDM normally prompts you with some automatic download options upon opening a website, which can prove quite useful. However you may want to stop this or restrict the automatic download of specific types of files from certain websites. Follow the procedure below to find out how to do this.
To restrict automatic downloads on IDM:
- Open IDM
- Click on the Option button (two overlapping gears)
- Select the File Types tab
- Click on the Edit list button
- In the dialog that opens click on the Add button.
- In the "Add an address to the exceptions list" type the URL of the website
- Note that: Make use of the /* operator to define the file types (.bin, . img...etc).