Generating New Document

Closed
Sophie - Feb 19, 2015 at 09:19 AM
cmarzahn Posts 35 Registration date Wednesday February 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2015 - Feb 19, 2015 at 10:17 AM
Hello,

I have an internal budget and I would like to use macro to generate another workbook with specific information from that budget with formulas but just the data. Any help on how to go about this would be amazing!

Thanks
Sophie

1 response

cmarzahn Posts 35 Registration date Wednesday February 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2015 7
Feb 19, 2015 at 10:17 AM
If I understand, you want to republish your budget with the numbers instead of the formulae. Is that correct?
That's pretty simple.
I use a record macro feature to build a small macro.
In that macro, I record the following steps.

Start Recording -- create a shortcut key
Move to A1 (I use Control-Home)
Select All. (I click in the little block just above the row numbers and to the right of the column letters because some times Control-A does NOT select all.)
Then I copy (Control-C)
Then I paste special values. (I use control-alt-V and select paste text only)
Then I move to the next worksheet using Control-Page Down
At that point I end the recording.

To use it, you move to the staring page and use the shortcut key to activate the macro.
Repeat to step through as many times as needed.
When you've converted the sheets you wish, save the file under another name and delete and sheets that don't belong.
That way you can publish the raw numbers without the underlying formulae.
As an alternative, if you don't need the numbers to be accessible, you can export it as a .pdf.
Hope that helps.