Windows XP Forum

Ask a question
Search
Close
Results 2851 - 2900 of about 3,720
  • Windows XP Pro updates causing problems Closed

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop. w/Pentium 4 & dual 3.06 gig processors. After a sudden loss of power I had a to reboot from disk due to ...

Notsuredamus | Latest reply: xpcman Jan 15, 2009
    1 reply
  • Re-install XP without reformatting the drive Closed

Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop with 100GB Toshiba HDD running Windows XP HOME OEM. I didnt get a XP CD along with the laptop but a 'Recover...

AC | Latest reply: xpcman Jan 15, 2009
    2 replies
  • downgrading vista to xp Closed

Hello, I have Hp notebook dv67038TX laptop with pre-loaded vista & I want to install windows XP , can you tell me full procedure to install windows v...

rohan | Latest reply: ranjan Jan 15, 2009
    4 replies
  • windows xp Closed

Hello,i need to reinstall xp with bootable disks i don't have floppy drive. i went to command prompt safe mode i don't what to put to install

leslie | Latest reply: kant Jan 15, 2009
    2 replies
  • how to get lost genuine window xp software Closed

Hello, I had lost by mistik my genuine window xp software, which has been backup in my laptop at the time of purchase. Please can you help me to how ...

Ladsaria | Latest reply: xpcman Jan 14, 2009
    1 reply
  • I recently re-installed XP on my computer. Closed

But now it doesn't recognise my modem. everything is hooked up correct but it won't connect to the internet. Is there anything else I need to install?

theupncomin1 | Latest reply: kuch Jan 14, 2009
    1 reply
  • No wuauclt.exe file on windows XP Prof sp2 Closed

Hello, I did not find wuauclt.exe file on all clients that have windows XP Prof sp2. Then The clients do not appear on wsus consule. But for other...

nastit | Latest reply: ebuddy4445 Jan 14, 2009
    1 reply
  • Another Problem Accessing XP Repair Console Closed

Hello, I am trying to help a friend who has an older Dell laptop running XP Home with SP 2. He acquired the Spyware Guard 2009 trojan which erased hi...

A.J. | Latest reply: beautypcs Jan 13, 2009
    1 reply
  • problem when install windows xp pro Closed

Hello, When i install windows xp pro S.P2 there's appear " no hard disk drive has deteced in my computer " my hard disk drive is sata

Hassan_Magdy... | Latest reply: engg1987 Jan 11, 2009
    3 replies
  • Reparing windows xp might erase other data Closed

Hello, i myself in desktop support, today morning i repaired windows xp service pack2 in a client end and after they are complaining that some of the...

samit | Latest reply: jmp59 Jan 10, 2009
    2 replies
  • Restore XP from Vista Closed

Hello, A friend of mine asked me to help him to get into his locked Sony Vaio laptop PCG-8QEL which has Windows XP. I have a dell laptop with Vista....

kimberlyirene | Latest reply: canonbj525 Jan 10, 2009
    1 reply
  • two copies of xp pro o/s how to delete one? Closed

Hello, I have just downgraded from vista to xppro on my hp dx2400 but have been left with a partly installed xppro o/s as I went wrong first up. How ...

Kevh | Latest reply: kevh Jan 8, 2009
    2 replies
  • windows xp home/ sp3 update/ wont boot or F8 Closed

Hello, My pc is self made and loaded with win xp home. I had update turned on, everything going fine until sp3 installed! After reboot the problem...

mr50ydline | Latest reply: mr50ydline Jan 8, 2009
    2 replies
  • partition of windows of windows xp Closed

Hello, i want to know the maximum partion and minimum partition of windows xp send the correct answer

vinay | Latest reply: stephen3326 Jan 7, 2009
    1 reply
  • windows vista and xp Closed

hello my name is kawso and im from egypt , i have windows vista runing on my pc but i want setup xp not from cd i have it on my computer , every time ...

kawsp | Latest reply: ogonda Jan 7, 2009
    1 reply
  • Windows XP SP2 System error Closed

Hello, When i turn on my computer the dell loading screen pops up and the loading bar fills up then i get a black screen that says "loading PBR for d...

Jake | Latest reply: fusomit Jan 7, 2009
    1 reply
  • Using windows XP home edition Closed

Hello, I dont see a tab for background setting to change my desktop backgroung. Please advise. Thank you.

gtboyblue | Latest reply: shirro Jan 7, 2009
    1 reply
  • Startup Problems Microsoft office XP Closed

Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop. When I turn on my computer ( on safe, safe with networking, or just regular startup ) it will load unt...

JMGale | Latest reply: wires and plugs Jan 6, 2009
    1 reply
  • windows xp wont load after IE 7 security upda Closed

Hello, One of the girls in my office ran the microsoft security update for IE 7 and in order to do that it installed a windows xp 3 pack and when t...

Steve | Latest reply: ogonda Jan 6, 2009
    2 replies
  • Vista Devices on XP Operating System Closed

Hello, I recently downgraded the operating system that my computer came with (Vista) to XP. Now few of the componants (sound, networking, display)...

kc 103 | Latest reply: nilu Jan 6, 2009
    2 replies
  • xp install Closed

Hello, iam jithesh i have hp pavilion dv4 laptop one problem os is vista iam try to change for xp but not install a blu screen error how to cle...

jithesh | Latest reply: ravi Jan 4, 2009
    1 reply
  • I need help with xp Closed

Hello, I believe that i am having the same problem as joe, my computer is hooked up to the internet, yet it says that it cannot connect me, then, whe...

christina | Latest reply: Shirley Jan 3, 2009
    1 reply
  • Audio drivers for wind xp pro formally vista Closed

Hello, I have a compaq presario f769ca note book pc processor : AMD TURION 64X2 mobile technology tl -58 mmx 3d now (2 cpu's) I just recently dow...

visions123 | Latest reply: jmp59 Jan 3, 2009
    3 replies
  • Troubles with Dual boot Vista and XP Home Closed

Hello, Ok, here is my issue. I purchased a PC for a friend and it has Vista already installed. Well, I am trying to set up a dual boot system but her...

Pete | Latest reply: Pete Jan 3, 2009
    2 replies
  • cannot open drives in xp Closed

hello, i m using windows xp black.when i try to double click on any of the three drives,it shows error "c:\resycled\boot.com is not a valid win32 app...

arpan | Latest reply: nokiatr Jan 1, 2009
    1 reply
  • reading of cd's (iso joliet format) on XP Closed

Hello, I am a pensioner trying to work out these computers & wonder if you could help me with the problem I have of reading cd's. In 2001 I burnt ...

rae | Latest reply: xpcman Dec 31, 2008
    3 replies
  • Windows XP Account? Closed

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to create an account on Windows XP Pro so that the master account can access certain files, like certain gam...

restrict | Latest reply: Nichole Dec 30, 2008
    1 reply
  • XP boots up in a SAFElike mode Closed

Hello, I am running XP Professional, SP3, and have established 2 accounts for me and the wife. When using the wife's account, the desktop appears as i...

rlf | Latest reply: Connor Dec 30, 2008
    1 reply
  • windows xp Closed

Hello, I am running windows XP home edition and currently everything is in Japenese. When I go into language and reigonol options there are no languag...

lkpfaff | Latest reply: lkpfaff Dec 29, 2008
    2 replies
  • Need drivers for windows XP Closed

Hello, I have HP notebook PC.I have only windows vista.I need windows XP profeesional.Due to this I need drivers for that Operating syatem(window...

yugandhar | Latest reply: makapusa Dec 29, 2008
    4 replies
  • windows xp Closed

Hello, I am running windows XP home edition and currently EVERYTHING on my computer is in japenese can you tell my how to change the language (picture...

lkpfaff | Latest reply: leapfaith Dec 28, 2008
    1 reply
  • XP have the drivers needed for the WIFI and a Closed

Hi, I have a Fuji Esprimo laptop which I plan to upgrade. Presently it is pre-installed with Vista Home Basic, I intend to fit a new hard drive and...

andytozor | Latest reply: statehold Dec 28, 2008
    1 reply
  • REPAIR XP SP2 Closed

Hello friends.. Pls guide me how to Repair XP using a bootable CD. I had tried earlier but failed..

goldie999 | Latest reply: parvez Dec 25, 2008
    3 replies
  • Windows XP can not boot Closed

Hello, i have a booting problem. when i boot in safe mode the computer is booting. But when i boot in normal mode welcome screen is appear but...

babu | Latest reply: Ashu Dec 24, 2008
    1 reply
  • Computer can't go to sleep mode, fresh XP PRO Closed

Hello, I recently downgraded from Vista to Xp Pro and I have a Hp Pavilion dv2214us and won't go into sleep mode or Hibernate the icon is there but it...

KingofWar | Latest reply: ys Dec 24, 2008
    3 replies
  • windows xp Closed

Hello, You told me how to change the language for the clock on windows xp home edition. But EVERYTHING on my computer is japenese and I need to know ...

lkpfaff | Latest reply: Sam Dec 23, 2008
    1 reply
  • windows xp Closed

Hello, I am running windows xp home edition and currently everything on screen is japenese. I don't know how to change the language. Can you tell me ...

lkpfaff | Latest reply: lkpfaff Dec 22, 2008
    2 replies
  • HCL Leaptop XP /Viata Drivers Closed

Hello, I am just Bought a HCL D9912(AX8008) Laptop.Its comes with free linux. I have n't its XP Drivers.But i need it very very urgent.please help me...

mithun | Latest reply: james Dec 22, 2008
    1 reply
  • lost windows xp sp2 now can't download upgrad Closed

Hello, After my acer aspire 1501lc caught a virus I lost my internet connection and it basically corrupted the entire computer. I've had to restor...

cheryl | Latest reply: nareen123 Dec 22, 2008
    1 reply
  • computer with XP crashed help! Closed

Hello, I want to fix this problem without having to spend money again and again, so can someone help me please? I have windows XP and it crashed, I ...

gwen | Latest reply: gwen Dec 20, 2008
    1 reply
  • Windows XP Closed

Hello, i successfully re-formatted and installed XP. But, after that when i restart PC, desktop, it does nothing. It says BOOT from CD: i expe...

Tiny | Latest reply: sasha Dec 18, 2008
    2 replies
  • Windows XP troubleshooting Closed

Hello, We have always problem while browsing the internet, and has hang due to counterfiet of wrong xp software by the distribution of the system and...

Fasi | Latest reply: ansh Dec 16, 2008
    2 replies
  • monitor not working with windows xp Closed

Hello, I'm having trouble with my windows XP. When i start the computer the monitor works fine, as does the keyboard and mouse. But once XP starts ...

bruce92104 | Latest reply: bruce92104 Dec 14, 2008
    2 replies
  • Need to upgrade from Vista to Win xp Closed

Hello, i need to upgrade from Vista to Win Xp but whenever i am trying to do the xp installation harddisk is not detecting. i tried to install ...

Murtuza | Latest reply: deepak Dec 14, 2008
    1 reply
  • CD Drive not seen by Win2k or XP Closed

Hello, I had a perfectly running PC until I replaced my 120 GB IDE Hard disk with a 320GB Seagate Barracuda (wonderful Drive). I can boot in either ...

RalphL | Latest reply: RalphL Dec 11, 2008
    6 replies
  • Office 2007 opening very slowly on Windows XP Closed

Hello, As per title i am facing problem when opened word documents in Windows 2007.

vicky | Latest reply: TheParoxysm Dec 11, 2008
    1 reply
  • Internet explorer is missing in my XP SP3 Closed

Hello, i have windows xp SP3 . but i dnt have internet explorer icon in my windows, . Even i checked it in custom desktop settings , i didnt find e...

toqi | Latest reply: TheParoxysm Dec 11, 2008
    1 reply
  • Windows XP Pro - Problems Closed

Hello, I have a few windows files damaged/wrongly registered or God know why, make other programs to crush. In the past, in cases like this I...

katto01 | Latest reply: TheParoxysm Dec 8, 2008
    2 replies
  • Windows Vista to Windows XP transfer. Closed

Hello sir, My laptop is Toshiba Brand. This laptop is not support Windows XP. Only Supported Windows Vista. I will try; but can't do this. So, I ...

Hasib | Latest reply: nickos Dec 3, 2008
    1 reply
  • Reinstalling Windows XP Closed

Hello, I have a problem. I recently got a virus on my computer from watching TV shows online (not downloading, just using sites like megavideo), or...

FCUK_DELL | Latest reply: nickos Dec 3, 2008
    1 reply