The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure SIM card and network access. It is provided with your SIM card. If the PIN code is entered wrongly three times, the phone is locked and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate.
What is a PUK code?
PUK code (Personal Unblocking Key) is a a key of 8 digits that comes with your SIM card in order to be able to unblock it in case you have forgotten your PIN code.
How to retrieve a PUK code?
- Once the PUK recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.
- Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly seven to ten times in a row (Depending on the service provider), the SIM card the phone becomes unusable.
Where to get the PUK code?
- The PUK code is available on the sim card support:
- This code is also available via customer service area of the operator's website
- You can also get this code by calling customer service.