Synchronizing your iOS devices can help you merge all the content you have on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and manage it from any device. You can listen to the music from your iPod on your iPhone during trips or keep your books and photos from the iPad on iPhone. In this article, you will discover how to sync your multiple iOS devices using your computer.
How to sync iOS devices?
If you are using macOS or Windows, either way, you can download iTunes app to synchronize all your data from iPhone, iPad, or iPod. Just follow these simple steps. First of all, download and install iTunes to your computer if it’s not already installed.
On Windows OS
If you are using iTunes on Windows OS, open iTunes and connect one of your devices to your computer by using USB cable. When it will be found by the software, the device icon will appear in the upper-left corner. Click on it and scroll down the page till your storage information and click on Sync.
Select the data you’d like to transfer and click Apply, then Sync. Make sure the transfer process is finished and plug the device out. Now you can plug in the other iOS device and follow the same procedure to transfer the files.
The transfer procedure for macOS is pretty much the same as for Windows. Connect one of your iOS devices in the computer using USB cable, open iTunes and click on device’s icon in the upper-left corner. Go to Summary.
Choose the content you’d like to sync to your other devices.
Now the content from one iOS device is synced with iTunes and you can plug it out and plug in the other device. Follow the same steps as above: go to Summary and choose the content you’d like to synchronize. Press Done to start the transfer and after the procedure, you will see the related content on both devices.
How to sync iOS devices with Finder on Mac?
Open Finder on your Mac and connect your iPhone, iPod, or iPad to your computer by using the USB cable. Your device will appear in the left sidebar of Finder. Click on it and checkmark the type of content you’d like to sync: music, photos, movies, etc. Click on Apply and wait until the synchronization process is completed.
How to sync mails, messages, contacts and apps with iCloud?
The easiest and the quickest way to sync your iOS devices is to do it through iCloud. The iCloud server keeps all your backup data safe in one place, so all your devices are connected, and photo and video transfer is not a problem anymore. You can use with or without a computer, which makes the process even easier.
To enable iCloud synchronization you need to set it up on your iPhone, iPad or iPod. To do so, go to Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store; select iCloud and enter your Apple ID and password to log in. You should do the same procedure on all your iOS devices linked to the same Apple ID.
Then, you can select the apps which will automatically transfer your files from your iPhone to your iPad, or vice versa. Scroll down to see which iOS devices are successfully synced with this one.
You can also access your files through the computer: just log-in with your Apple ID to iCloud.com and you will see all your data stored there. You can download the iCloud app for Windows app to have all your data on deck.
<ital>Note: Make sure you have enough storage in iCloud, otherwise the system will not be able to transfer the data automatically. The free iCloud maximum storage is 5 GB, but you can always upgrade it to 50GB, 200GB, or even 2TB. You can check different plans and pricing here.
How to sync with software?
If for any reason you can not use one of the methods above, you can download and use on the following software to synchronize your iOS devices.
A well-noted app called iMazing also serves as synchronization software to manage your iPhone, iPod, and iPad files. You can download it for free to your Windows computer or MacOS and transfer your files via USB cable or Wi-Fi network. You can synchronize your favorite apps, photos, videos, even messages, and Safari data.
CopyTrans is an iTunes alternative that supports all iPod models and iPhone and runs on Windows. CopyTrans allows you to add music & video files to iPod and iPhone. You can download it from here.
Once installed, run the software and connect your iPod or iPhone to your PC. Your device will be detected and its content loaded within seconds. To add music to your device you can drag & drop files from your desktop to it or use the icons at the top of the interface.
PhotoSync app is designed to facilitate photos and video transfers between iPad, iPhone, and any computer (Windows, Linux, or Mac). Download the app and your iOS devices will be synced automatically, so all the photos and videos will be safely stored in case you lose your iPhone or iPad.
Need more help with iOS? Check out our Forum!
- How to sync iphone to ipad
- How to sync iphone with ipad
- How to install apps using itunes on pc
- Sync your iPhone with your PC or Mac: iTunes, iCloud, Finder > Guide
- IPhone SE, iPad Pro Coming Next Month - CCM
- Enable local file access on Safari: iOS, iPhone, on iPad > Guide
- How to reset location and privacy on iPhone and iPad > Guide
- How to enable Autofill in Safari on iPhone and iPad > Guide
- Restore settings icon on iPhone: to iPhone home screen
- Share PC internet to iPhone: via USB cable, via bluetooth
- How to turn off music on iPhone
- Apple iPhone 13: release date, design, specs, price
- How to calibrate iPhone compass: app, iOS 14, Google Maps
- Apple AirTags: range, battery life, features
- How to hide App Store: on iPad, on iPhone, hide apps
- How to install apps on older iOS versions
- How to disable Game Center: iPhone, iOS15, notifications
- Recover a draft email on iPhone: not saved, dissappeared
- Safari iCloud tabs: not closing, not working, disable
- How to restore missing App Store icon on iPhone/iPod
- Samsung Smart View on iPhone: screen mirroring
- Сonnect AirPods to PC, Macbook
- How to sync iPod without removing existing songs
- How to turn off sim pin code on iPhone
- How to reinstall Cydia: on jailbroken iPhone
- Mirror iPhone to PC: via bluetooth, without software
- How to change your Apple ID country or region
- Raise to listen: iPhone, not working, feature
- How to set screen timeout: Apple Watch
- How to sync mail to iPhone: Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail
- iOS 14 update: download, features, for iPhone 6, date
- How to lock iPhone screen rotation: landscape, portrait
- Save website to iPhone home screen: Safari, iOS 13
- How to manage app permissions: iPhone, iPad
- Use iPhone as hotspot: for PC, for Mac, for iPad, Wifi
- Clean AirPods: pro, case, microphone
- How to change the PIN code on your iPhone?
- How to turn off Safari suggestions: iPhone, iPad, Mac
- Unlock iCloud account: activation lock, apps
- Turn off cellular data iPhone: shortcut, travel
- How to turn off Dial Assist on iPhone
- How to copy URL in Safari on iPhone
- How to set up internet on iPhone
- How to turn off autocorrect on iPhone?
- How to turn on flash for notifications iPhone
- Disable the upload of burst photos on iPhone 6
- How to transfer photos from iPhone to your PC or Mac
- Use Apple wallet: to pay, for tickets
- Turn AirPods into a speaker
- How to update iPhone 5: to latest iOS
- Use Face ID with mask: iPhone, not working, Apple Watch
- Backup your iPhone: to iCloud, Mac, PC
- How to turn off keyboard and lock sound on iPhone
- Backup SMS from iPhone: to computer, Google Drive
- Find my iPhone: iCloud, Apple, lost mode
- Create an iPhone ringtone from MP3: without iTunes, online
- How to force quit apps on iPhone, iPad, macOS
- How to hide your caller ID on iPhone
- How to download and select a ringtone on iPhone
- Apple iPhone medical ID: create, login, access
- How to enable text dictation: iPhone and iPad
- How to clear cache on iPhone and iPad
- Record iPhone screen: on video, with or without sound
- How to restart your iPhone
- How to use the Game Center on iPhone
- How to view photos and sync a photo album on Apple Watch?
- How to save webpage as PDF on iPhone: iOS 14, iOS 12
- How to turn off ads on iPhone and iPad
- How to turn off Siri: iPhone, iPad
- How to delete Siri history on iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV, Watch
- How to hide text messages on iPhone without deleting?
- Apple iOS 16: update, new features, release date
- Apple September event: iPhone 14, Apple Watch, AirPods Pro 2